Friday, June 26, 2009

Review: Transformers

So we went and saw Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen.

I can essentially wrap this review up in 1 word -- AWESOME!!

But because you have taken your time to check this entry out I figure you deserve a longer entry, so I will provide a somewhat longer review.


I will start by talking about the things I liked about the movie, and move on to those things I didn't like as much.

I definately liked all the cooperation with the US military. There was so much military tech in that movie that made me have guy/geek moments of nodding and going "oh yeah!" The graphics gurus in that movie did a lot of amazing things with the levels of detail in the various destruction scenes during the movie, complete with people clinging to and falling out/off of things. Amazing.

There were a whole lot of little comedic gems throughout that made my day too. Rainn Wilson, the autobot twins, the now burned into my mind Sector 7 banana hammock, all stuff that broke up the stop and go story.

I didn't like the fact --spoiler alert-- that the Audi A6 died so quickly. I would have liked looking at that car a lot more throughout the movie. --end spoiler alert--

I know there are more that I think I caught but I did for certain catch a continuity error my first time seeing this movie. When Sam is at the party towards the first of the movie and he gets a drink from the bar while he is talking to Alice his drink is full in the first shot, nearly empty in the 2nd when he turns around, and full again in the 3rd. Later in the movie Sam hurts his hand and in the next shot there is magically a bandage that appears on it.

Imdb has a LOT more errors that I didn't catch (but I applaud those that did so early into the release).

While I am a fan of Megan Fox (much to my fiancee's dismay) it was pointed out to me by one of the people we were with last night that every time Megan runs anywhere in that movie she has to be led by the arm by some guy, either Sam or Josh.

And for that matter I don't really get the whole need for the Baywatch run style where everything is slow and dramatic and baywatch-y. I swear I could hear "I'll be there" in the background a couple times. Sure I understand that there is a need for the slow motion because of all the stuff going on in the background but geez.

All I can really say is I'm looking forward to the sequel and I think that this movie has a higher replay value than the first since there is so much going on in each shot.

I give Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen 5 out of 5. I'll remake my review scale pictures later.

1 comments:

Lauryn said...

5 out of 5? wow... I was not that impressed... I would probably give it a 4. :) It was REALLY long!

Post a Comment