Monday, June 29, 2009

Spirit Days

Oh man....

I have a love/hate relationship with this 3-part festival that is MSU Spirit Days.

For those unaware Spirit Days is basically the same thing as orientation for incoming freshman. There are cheesy activities and you get to spend the night on campus the 1st night and then hear from different lecturers (Financial Aid, Registrar, Career Management, etc) before checking out the different student organizations and finally seeing your advisor and registering for classes.

As an Honors Program student and the HP Student Assistant I don't have to but it is strongly encouraged that I come to campus at 7:30 am the 2nd day of Spirit Days for the Honors Program Breakfast where we serve little pastries and drinks to students/parents and answer any questions they have about our program.

This is all well and good except for the fact that I then have nothing to do until the organization fair at noon. Therefore I sat here in the food court for a few hours watching Hulu and different people walk by for a while.

After the fair I'm going to go to work and listen to 3 interviews for the person that is going to become my new boss. Whoopee.


Don't get me wrong as someone who went through spirit days I thought it was really good and I was glad to get the opportunity to experience the campus before I moved in. It isn't so fun for the students who now have to run around and cater to these new freshmen.

That is my little rant of the morning.

On a positive note, it rained this morning and should do so again this afternoon. That's always nice.

0 comments:

Post a Comment